Topic 1: The Cultural Implications of Divorce
Can you guess which of the following statements is true concerning divorce?
- In the U.S., almost one in every two marriages ends in divorce.
- Two-thirds of divorcing families have minor children.
- Approximately one million kids each year see their parents divorce.
- Ten percent of adult Americans are currently divorced and are not remarried.
- Less than 70% of American children live with two parents.
The answer to the above question is that all the statements are true. More prevalent than teenage pregnancy, drug abuse, or the death of a parent, divorce is the most common problem facing kids today. Divorce has become a major change factor in our society today, and the ramifications of divorce are profound–both for children and adults.
Sign up for the ARK for Divorcing Parents Course
This Course includes 4 lessons